Experience and innovation
A finger tip suffices to operate the EVOLUTION. A touchscreen control panel with an innovative PLC control safely guides you through the diversity of functions.
Self-explanatory symbols lead the user through the menu. Only the functions that the saw is capable of are ever displayed. This largely rules out incorrect operation. The operating time counter integrated as standard captures the time at the saw.
Superior class vertical panel cutting technology
The Striebig Evolution is the most advanced manual-travel panel saw in the world with many operator conveniences, especially with respect to setting up the cut. Operated electronically via PLC controller, almost all of the functions are either automatic or semi-automatic. The on-screen icons and menus are simple and intuitive. Training a new operator does not take long. Some of the automatic functions include locking/unlocking of the saw beam at a vertical cutting station and locking of the heavy-duty support rollers during a cut. Semi-automatic features include pivoting, locking, and plunging of the saw head and engagement of the scoring saw at the touch of an icon on the screen or push-button on the front of the saw head.
These features are especially useful when cutting larger panels where the operator would otherwise have to bring the saw head down to chest level to pivot the saw head and potentially reach high or low to lock/unlock and plunge/withdraw the saw head to begin or end a cut cycle. These automatic features also reduce abuse and wear and tear on the machine by not allowing the operator to pivot the head too abruptly or lock the saw beam into a station while still moving the beam along the frame. Also the saw head can’t be accidently left plunged in after a cut, which leaves it vulnerable to someone rolling a panel into it while loading a sheet.
Digital measuring in both axes with fine adjustment is standard equipment, as is the full wood back support grid, which is great for thin, flimsy materials or cutting narrow strips, and also provides an extra layer of dust control, because some of the dust toward the back of the panel gets trapped behind the wood support and falls to the bottom portion of the TRK dust extraction system, and not back in the operator’s environment.
The touch screen also gives the operator access to a tool database where saw blades of different kerfs and grooving tools of different dimensions can be chosen. It also contains several language choices, time counter that can be used for job tracking and maintenance scheduling. You can also store in the machine, or bring in via USB port, excel lists of cut dimensions and have them displayed on the screen.
The VSA scoring unit is available with three choices of split saw blades: carbide with shim spacers, infinitely adjustable carbide for much quicker set-up, and infinitely adjustable diamond blades for both fast set-up and extremely long life.
• Digital measuring X-axis stop (for vertical cuts) with fine adjustment, quick and easy referencing, push-button selection to reference from another cut station, and selectable display increments
• Y-axis digital measuring with fine adjustment on kerf compensation controlled at touch-screen
• Second measuring channel with three auxiliary stops for repeat cuts, plus “Compact-style” stop
• Extremely stable, all welded steel frame suitable for free-standing or wall-mount installation
• Convenient, sturdy, two-section center shelf with moveable aluminum fingers allows for comfortable working of smaller parts and ability to stage material on one side of the saw
• Automatic recognition and locking of beam at vertical cut stations; unlock at the press of an icon
• Touch-screen control for rotating, plunging, and locking/unlocking of the saw head and beam
• Duplicate buttons conveniently located on front of the saw head for plunge, and scoring
• Automatic locking of the heavy-duty panel support rollers when cut cycle is started
• Automatic, mechanically shifting, full wood support grid- great for full support of thin, flimsy materials and an added level of dust control
• Laser light to help guide set-up of horizontal cut position
• TRK dust system exceeds European standards by 100%; note: requires a collection source
• Vertical cut stations 40 inches on center (1 meter spacing available for all-metric shops)
• USB port to enable uploading of Excel lists of part dimensions
• 7.5 hp, 220V, 3-phase motor with electric brake
• 300 mm (11-7/8”) HFG (hollow-face) carbide saw blade; ideal for melamine and veneers
• Document holder (removable) to keep cut lists in optimum viewing position near control panel
*larger standard frame sizes with cut capacities to 7’4” x 17’4” and special frame sizes with cut capacities up to 10’ x 50’ available upon request
Machine dimensions: 18’ 5”L, 8’ 1”H, 4’ 11” D (free-standing); plus 2’W x 1’D x 4’8”H control box at right end of machine
Weight (approx.): 1950 lbs., (approx. 2980 lbs. shipping)
Electrical requirements: 3-phase, 220V, 30A min. circuit
Dust collection: 1000cfm (min), 140mm dia. connection
Compressed Air: 100 psi, 3 cfm (air dryer strongly recommended)
• VSA Scoring Unit with easily adjustable, shimless split scoring blades (available in carbide or PCD diamond) and push button engagement with operating indicator lights
• WSG Angle Cutting Device with “unipoint” system and fine adjustment to 1/10° for angle cuts to 46°. Wall-mount storage case included.
• *NVV Grooving accessory kit with dial-adjustable depth control for dados and ACM grooving
• *Two-speed saw motor (6hp) for half/full blade speed for hard or brittle materials